Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Wrong Bra!!!

One thing that has changed for me, and is requiring a bit of adjustment, is that I actually have to think about what I'm going to wear.

From the time I graduated from diapers and onesies I have lived in the default outfit; t-shirt and jeans. Color doesn't matter (preference for black aside), there's really no decision making involved. But ever since a couple of months ago, when I finally admitted that with the changes in my body, I could no longer wear that default, I have been trying to come to terms with what I can & can't wear. I don't dread it, I don't feel it's particularly onerous, it's simply what has to happen to look good and for me to be comfortable. This is as opposed to not giving a damn how I look!

So, today I have a couple of things to do after work, things that actually more reflect me in girl mode. Once or twice before, I've brought a change of clothes with me to work. This is going to happen more, until I put away the boy things entirely. ("When? When? Can we do that now?" I ask. "No, not quite yet," I regretfully reply)

I bought a pair of capri pants at the local tar zhay, and then went over to another store in the same little mall, Avenue, and found a lot of clothes I liked (OK, tastes are starting to show -- I like girl-mode t-shirt and jeans! lol) I have them with me today. As my bus was pulling away from my stop, I suddenly realized that the bra I'm wearing will not work with the top I brought. Damn! So, what to do? I'm hesitant to go out and buy another top, but I think that may be the solution.

I need more clothes anyway. I just need to not spend money.

1 comment:

Peteykins said...

Haw, fun! New problems!