Monday, March 10, 2014

Damn!

Damn! Damn!
I missed the bus now.
Damn! Damn!
I missed two busses.

Standing here in the snow outside, I
Know that I will be late to work now.
Can't you see me pelt down the sidewalk
Praying for the change of signals?

Damn! Damn!
I missed that damned bus!
Damn! Damn!
There's two together!
Damn! Damn!
Maybe the second one?
Damn! Damn!
No, the second one dashed by.

Snow flakes reach their destinations.
Sun is blocked by clouds of snow.
Under the snow there must be crocus.
Under the ground there must be tulips.
I can't see them, they must be there.
All I'm seeing is the falling snow.
Damn it! When's the springtime coming?
Damn it! When's the next bus coming?

Damn! Damn!
I missed that bus now.
Damn! Damn!
There's a van getting towed now.
Damn! Damn!
I feel sad for them, but
Damn! Damn!
Here comes the bus now.

No comments: