Saturday, March 8, 2008

rObOtrOn

Natureb0t

This was in my links from a year or so ago. r0b0tr0n is a fairly prolific recordist who posts at my favorite music site on all the web, macidol.com. I guess I meant to call it out at the time – I’ll check to see if I ever did. I think it’s amazingly beautiful. Because I liked it so much, I went through and listened to four more of his tracks, and decided to write about them all.

Homegatr0n

Another lushly beautiful track. This is at the top of his jamroom right now, and well it should be. So seventies funk.

Blacksploitatr0n

This one, I think, contains a genuine recording of THE MAN. Also has a really cool bluebeat feel, for all you ska fans out there.

Spacey McFaceb0t

So, yeah, my means of picking what to listen to is what had an interesting title. Love this title. The beats are beauteous as well.

Ghidrab0t

I love the bit of dialogue at the beginning of this. Guest vocal by THE MAN again. This has samples from the Ghidra soundtrack, I think. I believe this means I must download his entire jamroom now.

No comments: