Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Peteykins re: Nino's Steak House

"The coldest drinking fountain in the world
"Makes your lips freeze together.
"Sure it hurts when you pull them apart --
"But oh, it's nice in hot weather!"


Singer/percussionist Pete who used to be in a band variously called Jon Rosen's Army, The Skin Consultants From LA, (others I hope he will be so kind as to remind me of) and P. S. Bingo, on the place that was the only bar in town a weirdo band like us could even hope to gig. It was indeed as described. The b*stards didn't give a damn for any of the various bands I was in that played there, and we loved them just as much.

Frankly, I've played worse gigs than those, but there's something special about your first business relationship with coke-snortin' hoodlums that leaves an indelible imprint.

Last time I was in Tucson, I think that building was a feed store, which struck me as fitting.

No comments: