Sunday, December 23, 2007

December 13th storm 5


December 13th storm 5, originally uploaded by mattduanegriffin.

So eventually, I ended up back at the original stop, and waited through about three overcrowded busses coming by & me being unsuccessful at getting on. When I did finally get on a bus, it turned out it was the same bus I had missed the first time, and it was on its next trip through the route from the one I had not made it onto. Usually, this route takes less than an hour, but this was over 3 hours later.

Anyway, I got home well after dark, but with the storm still going strong. There's something about the first snow of the season that doesn't suck at all, though. I find it beautiful. There's a different quality to the sound, there's a quality to the light, as the snow crystals bounce the light around, and I just find myself stopping and staring in wonder.

No comments: