Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My prediction -- the presidential tickets

This is 'way early, I know, but looking at the poll numbers at pollster.com, I would predict that the likely nominees for the Dems and the GOD GOP at this moment are Edwards and Romney. The overall numbers show Clinton and Giuliani, but the Iowa & New Hampshire #s favor the other 2 candidates. The one caveat I have at this point is that Gore is still saying he won't run. If you look at the national numbers for the Dems, you will see that all 3 major Dem candidates are trending downwards in the polls, but that Gore's numbers are going significantly up, in hopes of a possible candidacy. If he changes his mind somewhere down the road & does jump in (it will depend on this groundswell continuing to tumesce) it will, for the second time in history, be Al Gore's race to lose.

goresnog

Can he do it, folks?

3 comments:

Karen said...

First time I heard about the "draft Al" movement I dismissed it as unlikely, and thought he had better, more effective things to do with his time now that he's up on his very visible soapbox. The more I think about it, though, the more I figure he could still be effective on that issue from the White House- where better- and also bring the country around on a huge number of other important matters. So I could definitely get behind him if Al wins.

I wouldn't be at all disappointed if Richardson began to nose up in the horse race.... and I don't hate Edwards... but I'm having a hard time getting behind either Clinton or Obama.

Diane Griffin said...

God, I hope the Dems don't blow it.

Unknown said...

Clinton scares me, actually. She's fallen into "I don't have to answer questions" mode. Never trusted her very much, and that's going down to 0 trust very quickly. And, voting to name the Iran RG as a terrorist org? Let's slide down the slope to war in Iran, too.